Steven Seagal is not down for the count

Okay, I love Chuck Norris (who doesn't?) - from his battle with Bruce Lee, to Walker Texas Ranger Sundays with my Grandpa, to the famous Google search. And, relatedly, I enjoy giggling about Steven Seagal. Delighted are the tv-movie Sunday afternoons of Glimmer Man or Under Siege. In fact, I recall a film review for Glimmer Man noting that the only thing Buddhist about Seagal's character was his “Buddha-esque figure.”

But then I heard about Seagal's mentorship of MMA fighter (and middleweight champion), Anderson Silva, resulting in a powerhouse front kick knock-out.



And so I'm humbled. I had dismissed Seagal, yet he honed and then shared a skill that rocked the MMA world.

So, what more do others have to offer? Are there other Steven Seagals that we've deemed inconsequential, dried up, without impact, or done?

Comments

Popular Posts